Monday, September 22, 2008

... and conclusion of yesterday's post

Today I'm not much in a mood to write for the blog... but fortunately I remember that yesterday I didn't include on the post another interesting aspect of the Netherlands. It's something that probably exists in every country of the world... I'm talking about traffic information and the reason that I'm mentioning it comes from the amount of information they give here in the Netherlands. There's a website called ANWB (I'm sorry but I don't know what the letters stand for) which gives information about traffic and moreover, it shows a map with real traffic information as for example showing the roads with colors depending on the speed the cars that are circulating on that road. It also has pictures taken by real cameras over the roads, position of gas stations and much more. It's a pity that the website is only in Dutch, but it is intended to serve the Netherlands so that makes sense :P
Well, check the website (click on the word ANWB here or above) yourselves and who knows, maybe other countries have also efficient ways of giving traffic information and this can be a way of sharing how it works in other places...

No comments: